- Mapdl.esln(type_='', ekey='', nodetype='', **kwargs)¶
Selects those elements attached to the selected nodes.
APDL Command: ESLN
Label identifying the type of element selected:
S - Select a new set (default).
R - Reselect a set from the current set.
A - Additionally select a set and extend the current set.
U - Unselect a set from the current set.
Node set key:
0 - Select element if any of its nodes are in the selected nodal set (default).
1 - Select element only if all of its nodes are in the selected nodal set.
Label identifying type of nodes to consider when selecting:
- ALL - Select elements considering all of their nodes (
- ACTIVE - Select elements considering only their active
nodes. An active node is a node that contributes DOFs to the model.
- INACTIVE - Select elements considering only their
inactive nodes (such as orientation or radiation nodes).
- CORNER - Select elements considering only their corner
MID - Select elements considering only their midside nodes.
ESLN selects elements which have any (or all EKEY) NodeType nodes in the currently-selected set of nodes. Only elements having nodes in the currently-selected set can be selected.
This command is valid in any processor.