- Mapdl.config(lab='', value='', **kwargs)¶
Assigns values to ANSYS configuration parameters.
APDL Command: /CONFIG
Configuration parameter to be changed:
- NORSTGM - Option to write or not write geometry data to the results file. VALUE is either
0 (write geometry data) or 1 (do not write geometry data). Useful when complex analyses will create abnormally large files. Default is 0.
- NBUF - VALUE is the number of buffers (1 to 32) per file in the solver. Defaults to
- LOCFL - File open and close actions. For VALUE use: 0 for global (default); 1 for
local. Applicable to File.EROT, File.ESAV, and File.EMAT. Typically used for large problems where locally closed files may be deleted earlier in the run with the /FDELE command.
- SZBIO - VALUE is the record size (1024 to 4194304) of binary files (in integer words).
Defaults to 16384 (system dependent).
- ORDER - Automatic reordering scheme. For VALUE use: 0 for WSORT,ALL; 1 for WAVES; 2
for both WSORT,ALL and WAVES (default).
- FSPLIT - Defines split points for binary files. VALUE is the file split point in
megawords and defaults to the maximum file size for the system.
- MXND - Maximum number of nodes. If not specified, defaults to 100 at first encounter.
Dynamically expanded by doubling, even at first encounter, when maximum is exceeded.
MXEL - Maximum number of elements. Default and expansion as for MXND.
MXKP - Maximum number of keypoints. Default and expansion as for MXND.
MXLS - Maximum number of lines. Default and expansion as for MXND.
MXAR - Maximum number of areas. Default and expansion as for MXND.
MXVL - Maximum number of volumes. Default and expansion as for MXND.
- MXRL - Maximum number of sets of real constants (element attributes). Default and
expansion as for MXND.
- MXCP - Maximum number of sets of coupled degrees of freedom. Default and expansion as
MXCE - Maximum number of constraint equations. Default and expansion as for MXND.
- NOELDB - Option to write or not write results into the database after a solution. When
VALUE = 0 (default), write results into the database. When VALUE = 1, do not write results into the database.
- DYNA_DBL - Option to invoke the double precision version of the explicit dynamics solver
LS-DYNA. When VALUE = 0 (default), the single precision version is used. When VALUE = 1, the double precision version is used.
STAT - Displays current values set by the /CONFIG command.
value – Value (an integer number) assigned to the configuration parameter.
All configuration parameters have initial defaults, which in most cases do not need to be changed. Where a specially configured version of the ANSYS program is desired, the parameters may be changed with this command. Issue /CONFIG,STAT to display current values. Changes must be defined before the parameter is required. These changes (and others) may also be incorporated into the config162.ans file which is read upon execution of the program (see The Configuration File in the Basic Analysis Guide). If the same configuration parameter appears in both the configuration file and this command, this command overrides.
Distributed ANSYS uses the default FSPLIT value, and forces NOELDB = 1 and NORSTGM = 0 for all results files. The FSPLIT, NOELDB, and NORSTGM options cannot be changed when using Distributed ANSYS.
The /CONFIG command is not valid for the ANSYS Multiphysics 1, 2, or 3 products.
The ANSYS Multi-field solver (MFS and MFX) does not support /CONFIG,NOELDB,1. The ANSYS Multi-field solver needs the updated ANSYS database.