- Mapdl.srss(signif='', label='', abssumkey='', forcetype='', **kwargs)#
Specifies the square root of sum of squares mode combination method.
APDL Command: SRSS
Combine only those modes whose significance level exceeds the SIGNIF threshold. For single point, multipoint, or DDAM response (SPOPT,SPRS, MPRS or DDAM), the significance level of a mode is defined as the mode coefficient of the mode, divided by the maximum mode coefficient of all modes. Any mode whose significance level is less than SIGNIF is considered insignificant and is not contributed to the mode combinations. The higher the SIGNIF threshold, the fewer the number of modes combined. SIGNIF defaults to 0.001. If SIGNIF is specified as 0.0, it is taken as 0.0. (This mode combination method is not valid for SPOPT,PSD.)
Label identifying the combined mode solution output.
- DISP - Displacement solution (default). Displacements, stresses, forces, etc., are
- VELO - Velocity solution. Velocities, “stress velocities,” “force velocities,” etc.,
- ACEL - Acceleration solution. Accelerations, “stress accelerations,” “force
accelerations,” etc., are available.
Absolute Sum combination key (for SPOPT,MPRS only):
NO - Do not use the Absolute Sum method (default).
- YES - Combine the modes per excitation direction using the Absolute Sum method, then
combine the resulting quantities using the square root of sum of squares method.
Label identifying the forces to be combined:
STATIC - Combine the modal static forces (default).
TOTAL - Combine the modal static plus inertial forces.
This command is also valid for PREP7.